Mercedes GP continues to hold a magnetic attraction for top-shelf technical staff from rival teams, with reports that the Brackley-based squad has acquired the services of a key member of Ferrari’s team.
A report from Finland’s Turun Sanomat claims that the outfit has lured Marco Fainello from his role in the Italian team’s performance group.
It is understood that the 47-year-old, whose role at Maranello is that of a tyre performance specialist, will join the Silver Arrows after a period of ‘gardening leave’.
Those who have recently joined the Mercedes GP line-up the former technical directors Aldo Costa (ex-Ferrari), Bob Bell (ex-Renault) and Geoff Willis (ex-HRT).
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020