In readiness to defend their Drivers’ and Manufacturers’ Championship crowns in the World Touring Car Championship, the works Chevrolet team has already kicked off pre-season testing ahead of the season-opener at Monza in March.
The team took to Valencia’s Ricardo Tormo circuit for two days during the week, with Swiss driver Alain Menu behind the wheel of the Cruze 1.6T.
“I haven’t been driving a race car since Macau and is definitely very nice to be behind the wheel again,” he said after the conclusion of the test.
“We were lucky to enjoy very good weather in Valencia and this allowed to take the maximum out of these two days. We achieved quite some mileage and performed the entire program foreseen. Basically, we tested a number of small evolutions, related to both the chassis and the engine, and everything went well.”
The team will be back at the track in early February for more testing, where Robert Huff and reigning champion Yvan Muller will get behind the wheel.
[Image via Chevrolet WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020