Former World Champion Damon Hill will join SKY’s F1 broadcasting line-up as an expert analyst in its commentary line-up, the pay-TV group has announced.
The 1996 title-winner will work at roughly half of the races in the upcoming season, providing his opinions during practice, qualifying and race broadcasts, while David Croft, Martin Brundle and Anthony Davidson head the frontline commentary team.
Hill – who will appear at the Australian, Bahrain, Monaco, British, German, Hungarian, Belgian, Indian, United States and Brazilian Grands Prix – was delighted at the chance to move into a new role, after previously serving as the President of the British Racing Drivers’ Club until he quit the post in late 2011.
“The plans Sky Sports have for Formula 1 are very impressive, particularly the dedicated Formula 1 channel and I couldn’t resist becoming involved,” he is quoted as saying.
“There are so many reasons to be excited about the new season and I can’t wait to get started.”
“Damon Hill is a British motor racing legend and has incredible Formula 1 knowledge and insight,” added SKY Sport executive producer Martin Turner.
“He will provide our viewers with not just a driver’s eye view, but also that of a world champion. There aren’t many around and I’m delighted we’ll have Damon with us during the season.”
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020