Brad Jones Racing has announced the acquisition of a new sponsor and driver for the 2012 season, with two-time Australian GT champion David Wall completing the team’s line-up alongside Jason Bright and the newly-signed Fabian Coulthard.
Sydney-born Wall, who turns 29 today, has raced occasionally in the top-line V8 Supercars endurance rounds for the team (partnering Karl Reindler at Phillip Island and Bathurst this year, pictured above) as well as completing his first season in the Fujitsu V8 development series in 2011.
BJR released this livery mock-up of Wall’s 2012 car
Wall will drive the #21 BJR Holden Commodore, which will sport backing from the Wilson Security group, the recently-departed sponsor of Tony D’Alberto Racing.
His appointment has been met with additional sponsorship support from his long-time sponsors Payce, Paynter Dixon and Astrontech.
Wilson Security also announced that it will have major branding presence on Bright and Coulthard’s cars for the 2012 season.
Wall’s first outing with the squad will be at the official pre-season test at Sandown Raceway on February 11.
His appointment spells the end of the BJR journey for Karl Reindler – hotly tipped to be joining Kelly Racing – and the underperforming veteran, Jason Bargwanna.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020