After spending two weeks behind bars while allegations of attempted murder were investigated by Dutch police, former F1 driver Jos Verstappen is set to be released from jail today.
The 39-year-old – a former team-mate of Michael Schumacher in his debut season in 1994 with Benetton – was arrested and charged by Dutch police after his ex-girlfriend filed a complaint that he’d allegedly attempted to run over her with his car.
By the local ANP news agency is now claiming that the man nicknamed ‘The Boss’ is set to be released today, with police set to drop the charges of attempted murder and aggravated assault.
“The court granted the request for Jos Verstappen’s release, partly because of the lack of evidence,” a statement supplied by his lawyer reads.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020