This week’s Great Moment in Motorsport Punditry video clip comes from the last ever Grand Prix to be held on the wonderful streets of Adelaide in 1995, and it features Murray Walker having an absolute fit on-air…
With Williams’ David Coulthard enjoying a comfortable lead and looking on course to claim his second career win, the Scot peeled into the pit lane too quickly for his first stop on the twentieth lap, and disaster struck…
Murray’s cry of ‘OOOOAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!’ (give or take a few letters!) is one of his more famous moments in his illustrious commentary career. Relive the moment below…
The incident also made our Top-10 Pit Lane Blunders countdown, ranked at #2!
Coulthard’s error gifted team-mate Damon Hill a comfortable win, with the Englishman taking victory by an incredible margin of two laps from Olivier Panis (Ligier) and Gianni Morbidelli (Arrows), as the majority of the frontrunners retired.
But ‘DC’ needn’t have felt too bad about his error, because Forti driver Roberto Moreno – making the last Grand Prix appearance of his career – also retired in near-identical fashion!
CLICK HERE to read about the biggest pit lane stuff-ups in the history of Formula 1!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020