Australia’s last Formula 1 World Champion, Alan Jones, believes that the time is right for Mark Webber to step up and claim the 2012 championship crown for himself.
Speaking in Melbourne today as the city marks just fifty days until the 2012 season officially gets underway with the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, Jones told the media that Webber is a title contender.
“I’ve got a sneaking suspicion Mark’s going to come out of the blocks fighting this year,” Jones said.
“He probably knows that he’s got to do it this year, and he’s at his fittest and most determined. I put him down as a real dark horse to be honest,” he added.
[Article by Geoff Burke; Image via Fox Sports]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020