Ferrari has been forced to scrap today’s launch ceremony of its 2012 Formula 1 challenger, due to its Maranello headquarters being hit by one of the worst snowstorms to hit the region.
The harsh winter conditions have seen much of the surrounding area blanketed in thick snow, meaning that the team’s planned shakedown and filming runs of its yet-to-be-named challenger cannot take place as scheduled.
The team will instead unveil its car via a ‘virtual’ launch on its official website.
“It is still snowing heavily here in Maranello. Therefore, the launch ceremony of the new F1 car has been cancelled,” the team’s Twitter feed read.
Force India is also set to launch its VJM05 challenger today at Silverstone.
Make sure you stay tuned to RichardsF1.com for the latest updates on these launches, as well as plenty more news!
[Image via Fox Sports]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018