Our latest Great Moment in Motorsport Punditry comes from the 1992 Belgian Grand Prix, where Murray Walker is taking the audience through his traditional pre-race build-up ahead of what would be the race that saw Michael Schumacher claim his maiden Grand Prix victory.
But it was a quick – and seemingly innocent – camera cut in the early stages of Murray’s broadcast that nearly had the veteran broadcaster in stitches…
Have a look again at around the 0:50 mark in this clip, and the more observant of you will see Tyrrell driver Olivier Grouillard trying to answer a pre-race call from Mother Nature in the Ardennes bushes!
Ever the professional, Murray barely batted an eyelid, and continued his pre-race build-up without too much more drama!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018