Our latest Great Moment in Motorsport Punditry comes from the 1992 Belgian Grand Prix, where Murray Walker is taking the audience through his traditional pre-race build-up ahead of what would be the race that saw Michael Schumacher claim his maiden Grand Prix victory.
But it was a quick – and seemingly innocent – camera cut in the early stages of Murray’s broadcast that nearly had the veteran broadcaster in stitches…
Have a look again at around the 0:50 mark in this clip, and the more observant of you will see Tyrrell driver Olivier Grouillard trying to answer a pre-race call from Mother Nature in the Ardennes bushes!
Ever the professional, Murray barely batted an eyelid, and continued his pre-race build-up without too much more drama!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020