Our latest Great Moment in Motorsport Punditry comes from the 1992 Belgian Grand Prix, where Murray Walker is taking the audience through his traditional pre-race build-up ahead of what would be the race that saw Michael Schumacher claim his maiden Grand Prix victory.
But it was a quick – and seemingly innocent – camera cut in the early stages of Murray’s broadcast that nearly had the veteran broadcaster in stitches…
Have a look again at around the 0:50 mark in this clip, and the more observant of you will see Tyrrell driver Olivier Grouillard trying to answer a pre-race call from Mother Nature in the Ardennes bushes!
Ever the professional, Murray barely batted an eyelid, and continued his pre-race build-up without too much more drama!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019