V8 Supercars racers Lee Holdsworth and Russell Ingall are the latest drivers to take the covers off the livery schemes they will be running for Stone Brothers Racing and Walkinshaw Performance Racing, respectively, in the upcoming championship season.
Both drivers made high-profile team switches during the off-season. Holdsworth moved to race SBR’s #4 IRWIN Tools-backed entry after six years with Garry Rogers Motorsport, while the veteran Ingall took his SuperCheap Auto backing with him from Paul Morris Motorsport to the Walkinshaw group, where he will race the team’s #66 Holden Commodore.
Incidentally, Ingall used to race for SBR, claiming the team’s last championship title way back in 2005.
Both drivers will participate in the championship’s only ‘open’ pre-season test session tomorrow at Melbourne’s Sandown Raceway.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018