IndyCar Series officials have announced that Firestone will continue its tyre supply deal for the championship until at least the end of the 2014 championship season, as well as assuming title sponsorship of the Indy Lights series.
Firestone has been a full-time presence in the American motorsport scene since 1995, and it has been IndyCar’s sole tyre supplier since the 2000 season.
“Firestone continues to be a great fit for our sport, carrying on a 100-year-old tradition that began at Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” said IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard.
“When our new car takes its first competitive laps on the streets of St. Petersburg in March, all of our drivers will take great pride in knowing that they have a reliable tyre designed to maximise performance.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020