The HRT F1 team has announced that it won’t be appearing at the first of the two pre-season test sessions at Barcelona as it focuses on getting its 2012 car, the F112, ready for the final pre-season test at the Spanish circuit.
The Spanish outfit ran its 2011 car at the first pre-season test at Jerez for the opening two days. But its hopes of making the next test session, which starts on February 21, took a major hit when its new machine marginally failed two of the mandatory FIA crash tests.
Under the new regulations, all cars must pass every crash test before they’re allowed to run on a circuit. The F112 failed its roll hoop and lateral nose crash test.
In the team’s history, it has never had its new car ready before the first Grand Prix weekend.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019