The Mercedes AMG F1 team has completed another test of its new W03 challenger at Barcelona, giving it an extra day’s mileage ahead of the second of three ‘open’ pre-season test sessions before the 2012 Grand Prix season kicks off.
As the team only completed three of the first four days’ of the first test session at Jerez with its older W02 chassis, it was given special dispensation to complete up to 200 kilometres of private running at the Circuit de Catalunya, which plays host to the next full test session starting tomorrow.
Driving duties were split between Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg, who were each given their second outings in the car after last week’s ‘filming’ shakedown test at Silverstone.
The team will officially unveil the W03 just before pit lane opens tomorrow morning.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019