Michael Andretti, the former series champion turned team owner, has donned a suit and tie to compete in a completely different arena: as a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice.
The son of racing legend Mario Andretti, Michael followed in his father’s footsteps to forge his own hugely successful racing career before going on to set up the Andretti Autosports racing team.
The 49-year-old will compete in the fifth series of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice, which was set up by billionaire businessman
and owner of the world’s worst comb-over Donald Trump. Andretti will compete alongside actors Lou Ferrigno, Tia Carrere, George Takei and Patricia Velásquez, singers Clay Aiken, Debbie Gibson, Aubrey O’Day and Dee Snider, along with comedians Adam Carolla and Lisa Lampanelli.
Andretti was actually a late call-up to the show, electing to take over from the slot originally offered to his son (and IndyCar racer in his own right), Marco.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019