Racegoing fans heading to any championship round of this year’s V8 Supercars Championship can now rejoice: series officials have secured a new beer sponsor in the form of the South Australian Coopers brewery group.
The largest wholly-Australian owned brewery and having been in operation for 150 years, Coopers now takes over the mantle of the series’ ‘Official Beer Partner’. It will own the pouring rights at all V8 Supercars events this season, starting with the season-opening Clipsal 500 at Adelaide between 1-4 March.
The brewery group takes over from former V8 Supercars sponsor Lion Nathan, whose XXXX Gold beer brand had been the sponsor of the championship for the past four years.
“The opportunity to sponsor the V8 Supercars in our 150th year was too good to pass up,” said Coopers chairman Glenn Cooper.
“It is a high profile sport which generates enormous interest from racegoers and millions of television viewers around the world. It is an ideal way to get our products in front of Australian and international audiences.
“We anticipate the exposure which will be generated by this agreement will act as a major boost to our image and sales.”
One would imagine that the patriotic Adelaide fans will help Cooper’s sales figures quite nicely…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020