Audi has confirmed a smaller line-up of seven drivers for the 2012 DTM championship season, but that British racer Oliver Jarvis has been dropped by the carmaker.
Audi will again have three teams representing it in the DTM, with Abt Sportsline, Phoenix Racing and Team Rosberg doing the honours – Abt has a three-car line-up (down from five), while the others have two apiece.
Championship runner-up Mattias Ekström will head Abt’s line-up along with Timo Scheider, while ‘Swiss Miss’ driver Rahel Frey steps up to join the outfit.
Phoenix Racing will run Miguel Molina and Mike Rockenfeller, while Team Rosberg will have Filipe Albuquerque and Edoardo Mortara.
But the news is not good for Jarvis, who found himself dumped by the team after a disappointing season with the Abt team.
Driving one of the newer-spec Audis last year, Jarvis’ form was inconsistent, with his highlights being a front-row start and podium at Austria. He finished a distant tenth in the championship standings.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020