Top Gear has secured a major coup, with news that F1 returnee Kimi Räikkönen will appear on the final episode of the TV show’s current series, which will go to air next weekend.
The 32-year-old Finn will aim to put his name on top of the select list of current and ex-Formula 1 stars to have competed in the show’s ‘F1 Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car’ segment.
The last F1 driver to do so was Sebastian Vettel, who last year clocked a time of 1m44.0s in the venerable Suzuki Liana, beating the previous record set by Rubens Barrichello.
One certainly wonders how the 2009 World Champion – a few of very few words – will cope when being grilled by host Jeremy Clarkson during the episode’s taping.
The episode will go to air on BBC2 at 8pm GMT on Sunday, March 11 – the episode will also feature Guns N’ Roses guitarist ‘Slash’ attempt to register a lap-time in the ‘Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car’ segment.
CLICK HERE to read our Top Gear episode reviews from the current series.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020