World Touring Car Championship returnee Tom Boardman has been forced to miss this weekend’s season-opening Race of Italy at Monza, in which he was set to compete in SEAT’s new factory-backed team, Special Tune Racing.
The Englishman will be out of action due to a delay in the supply of specialist parts for his SEAT León 1.6T, forcing the team to concentrate all of its efforts on its sole remaining entry, which will be driven by Darryl O’Young, who was recently announced as the team’s second driver.
“I’m extremely disappointed obviously, but I’ve accepted I won’t be involved, so I’ll now be focusing all my efforts on making sure the team and Darryl (O’Young) have a good weekend,” Boardman said in a team media release.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020