V8 Supercars Championship points leaders Ford Performance Racing had a meet-and-greet session at Melbourne’s City Ford dealership today, and we went along to catch up with our good friend Mark Winterbottom, and his FPR stablemates Will Davison and David Reynolds.
Fresh from his outstanding performance at the season-opening Clipsal 500 two weeks ago, Will was confident that the team’s great fuel economy would give FPR a leg-up on its main rivals.
Winterbottom is almost fully recovered from his broken ankle he sustained during the off-season, although he did confess to having another ‘off’ on his jetski over the weekend – he still sported a bruised nose from the bang he copped to his head!
It was also the first time that we’d met Reynolds, the team’s new signing who had raced impressively with Kelly Racing last year. Despite showing some very impressive speed at Adelaide, Reynolds struggled during the races, and had a heavy crash in the opening race. A straight talker, Reynolds is quite a character and we look forward to the chance to interview him later this year.
The V8 Supercars field will be staging a non-championship round as a support category to the Australian Grand Prix this weekend.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020