RichardsF1.com took to the sidelines to watch as Daniel Ricciardo pursued his second sporting passion: Australian Rules Football.
The Toro Rosso driver – who makes his debut for the Italian team at this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix – spent his childhood years playing AFL, and today we headed to VISY Stadium to meet with some of the leading players from the Carlton Football Club, one of Melbourne’s premier AFL teams.
The 21-year-old showed he could kick as well with his right foot as he could modulate a throttle!
Despite being a self-confessed ran of the rival West Coast Eagles team (which represents his hometown of Perth), Daniel was presented with a team jersey after his kick around.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020