It’s a tough gig getting press accreditation to an event like the Australian Grand Prix, especially when your evening is spent chatting with two beautiful women fronting this year’s Australian Grand Prix: award-winning singer Ricki-Lee Coulter and acclaimed model and Grand Prix Ambassador Kate Peck.
Coulter has been bestowed the honour of singing the national anthem ahead of Sunday’s race. Granted, she’s sung it plenty of times before, but even she still gets butterflies ahead of Sunday’s big race.
“It’s a big honour, which means there’s a lot of pressure on my shoulders to deliver it well,” she told RichardsF1.com.
“It’s the big moment before the race, and everyone is naturally feeling very patriotic and wants you to do well. That pressure is on my shoulders this year, which is scary, but I hope I can do Australia proud!”
For Kate Peck, it’s been a frantic week of press commitments and activities, both to promote the event and to ensure visiting VIPs and fans are given a great welcome.
Earlier today, she was given the incredible thrill of a ride in the Minardi two-seater Formula 1 car around the Albert Park circuit.
“It was insane!” she exclaimed. “I thought my head was going to be ripped off by the g forces, and I almost took a bite out of my helmet in sheer terror! I had great fun and it was an intense, thrilling ride!”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020