A bumper crowd of over 46,800 fans hit Albert Park’s Grand Prix circuit for the first day of fan action at the Australian Grand Prix, the highest Thursday attendance figures since the 2008 event.
Fans were treated to practice and qualifying sessions for the V8 Supercars, Porsche Carrera Cup, Formula Ford and the Group A Touring Cars.
The stars of the show busied themselves with media commitments, and plenty also took the time to visit the circuit’s autograph stand, as well as signing memorabilia and posing for photos on their adventures inside and outside the paddock.
Circuit gates open today at 10am local time, with the first Formula 1 practice session kicking off at 12:30pm.
We’ll also be meeting up with our readers this evening at the Middle Park Hotel (opposite Gate 1) between 7-9pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020