Chaleo Yoovidhya, the man who founded the Red Bull energy drink, has died today at the age of 89 of natural causes.
Yoovidhya formulated the drink Krathing Daeng – which translates to ‘Red Bull’ – in the 1970s, which was later picked up and redeveloped by Austrian businessman Dietrich Mateschitz, owner of the Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso Grand Prix teams.
Today, the energy drink is sold worldwide, and as a 49% shareholder, Yoovidhya’s net worth was estimated to be well over $7 billion, making him the richest person in Thailand.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020