Defending V8 Supercars champion Jamie Whincup will remain with Team Vodafone (Triple 8 Engineering) for the 2013 season and beyond, with the 29-year-old agreeing to remain in the championship on a new multi-year contract.
There had been speculation that the three-time series champion was looking to pursue a career in an international touring car championship, although he could well do so after this new contract runs out.
We also reported that Whincup’s team-mate Craig Lowndes had re-signed with Team Vodafone on his own multi-year deal, giving the front-running outfit what is arguably one of the strongest line-ups on the grid.
“It feels great knowing that I am settled long term, in an environment that I am happy with, and that has the enthusiasm to continue to set the benchmark,” Whincup is quoted as saying.
“I look forward to working with and sharing more challenges and success with my friends at TeamVodafone and their team of valued corporate partners. It’s also an important time for me to be close to my family.
“My whole focus is on this years V8 Supercar Championship, however I look forward to working with the crew and being a part of the development process of ‘Car of the Future’,” he added.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020