Caterham’s reserve driver Giedo van der Garde will have his maiden Formula 1 practice session outing at this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix, the Hingham-based team has announced.
The Dutch driver will pilot Vitaly Petrov’s CT01 challenger in tomorrow’s opening practice session, before he hands the Renault-powered car back to the Russian for the afternoon’s running.
Van der Garde, who is competing his fourth season of GP2 competition as well this year, has already sampled the CT01 when he drove for the team on one of the test days at Jerez in the pre-season.
We had the privilege of interviewing van der Garde during the Australian Grand Prix weekend – you can take a look at our interview by clicking here.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018