The FIA has finally broken its silence and reiterated its satisfaction with the security measures in place at Bahrain, meaning that next weekend’s event “will go ahead as scheduled”, unless the its organisers raise a last-minute request to cancel it.
The full press release reads as follows:
While we have made our position on the event extremely clear, we hope that the Bahrain Grand Prix proceeds without any drama.
But should something, as we fear, go wrong, then heads must roll in the FIA.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018