Pastor Maldonado will start five places lower than where he manages to qualify in today’s grid-decider at the Bahrain Grand Prix after his Williams team was forced to change his gearbox ahead of today’s final practice session.
Maldonado, who finished a career-best eighth in China, will take the grid drop as a result of the Williams team identifying a fault in the seven-speed unit over the weekend.
A statement issued by the FIA’s technical delegates confirmed that the Venezuelan will incur the grid penalty for tomorrow’s race.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020