The HRT F1 team has announced that it will skip next week’s only in-season test session at Mugello, which is scheduled to run between May 1-3.
The Spanish squad is in the midst of relocating its headquarters to a new facility in Madrid, and has issued a press release confirming that it will use the three-week break between the Bahrain and Spanish Grands Prix to fully focus on its relocation and readying the upgrade package it will run on the F112 for the first time at its home race at Barcelona.
“The start to the season was a little bit rushed for us and, since the cars were set up for the first time, we have been working on them at the Grands Prix,” HRT team principal Luis Pérez-Sala is quoted as saying.
“The team and the material have just got back from Bahrain after leaving for Australia in early March. And they return, for the first time, to the team’s new headquarters at the Caja Magica in Madrid.
“This move is very important for us and by not going to Mugello we can work thoroughly on the car to prepare for the Spanish Grand Prix.
“We won’t have the new upgrade package until then so we’ve preferred to focus on what can contribute more to us, which is teamwork at the headquarters. And there is a lot to do.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020