Spanish racer Isaac Tutumlu will be missing in action at this weekend’s inaugural FOA Wotld Touring Car Championship event at Slovakia after his Proteam BMW team was unable to repair his BMW 320TC following a heavy accident at the previous round at Morocco.
The rear of Tutumlu’s BMW sustained massive damage after contact with Aleksei Dudukalo in the first of the weekend’s two races.
With just a two-week timeframe between the last round at Morocco and this weekend’s event at the Slovakia Ring, all cars were freighted straight from Morocco to the Eastern European country, which left the team with no opportunity to perform any major repairwork on his car.
And with the following championship at Hungary set just a week after the races in Slovakia, Tutumlu will be in a race against time to be ready for that event as well.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020