Commemorating the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Gilles Villeneuve, former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve got behind the wheel of one of his father’s Ferrari F1 cars for just the second time.
The French-Canadian took part in a demonstration run at Ferrari’s Fiorano test track in his father’s 1979 Ferrari 312T4, which took Gilles to three wins and runner-up position in the Drivers’ Championship standings that year.
The event was attended by many leading Ferrari figures of past and present, including then technical director Mauro Forghieri, Gilles’ widow Joann and daughter Melanie, and current Ferrari drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
Take a look at some of the video footage of the day below:
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020