But for a split-second decision in yesterday’s second World Touring Car Championship race at Austria, and Tom Coronel would have been dancing on the top step of the podium at the Salzburgring.
As it was, the Dutchman had to live with a third-placed finish – certainly not a result to be sneezed at – in his ROAL Motorsport BMW, while fellow BMW driver Stefano D’Aste had the joy of celebrating victory, getting past Coronel and Chevrolet driver Robert Huff in the final few hundred metres of the race!
Check out Tom’s video highlights of an action-packed race day below:
One thing’s for certain, the Salzburgring must remain on the World Touring Car Championship calendar in 2013!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018