Bomb disposal experts were called into the Monaco Grand Prix paddock on Thursday evening to dispose of a package reported as suspicious.
The device was disposed of courtesy of a small and controlled explosion near the entrance the media centre.
Bystanders were moved a safe distance away while the package – believed to contain electrical cables and equipment – was detonated.
Last year’s Grand Prix also featured a visit from the bomb disposal unit, which detonated a suspect package on the Sunday morning ahead of the race.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018