Sam Heard, V8 Supercars Australia’s general manager of communications, has become the second high-profile figure in the organisation to quit his post this season.
Heard has elected to return to live in the United States, where he worked for three years as Network Ten’s Vice President of US Programming.
Heard returned to Australia in May 2010 and worked as Ten’s Head of Marketing until he was appointed to the role at V8 Supercars fourteen months ago.
Heard was responsible for heading up the communication and PR strategies for V8 Supercars Australia.
“Sam has done an outstanding job [and] has been instrumental in strengthening our relationships with key media and industry stakeholders,” V8SA CEO CEO David Malone wrote in a letter to the championship’s stakeholders and teams.
His departure follows that of V8SA’s former marketing manager, Bronwyn Humphrey, who quit her post earlier this year.
V8 Supercars Australia has confirmed that Heard’s role will not be replaced.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020