Sebastian Vettel will make a short detour to the United States after this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix to make an appearance on David Letterman’s Late Show next week.
A spokesperson for the Red Bull Racing team has confirmed that the German will appear on Monday night’s show following the race in Montreal, in which Vettel will aim to become this year’s first two-time race-winner.
Letterman is a known motorsport fan – he is coined for creating the nickname ‘Johnny Carwash’ when referring to 1990s F1 tailender Giovanni Lavaggi – and co-owns a host of North American motorsport teams with former Grand Prix and indyCar racer Bobby Rahal.
His IndyCar outfit, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, runs former Grand Prix driver Takuma Sato.
We will happily attest that Vettel is a great interview candidate, and North American viewers should definitely make a beeline for their TV screens on Monday night!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020