As expected, the Kelly Racing V8 Supercars team has announced that its Development Series driver David Russell will serve as the replacement for injured driver Greg Murphy at this weekend’s SkyCity Triple Crown round at Darwin.
We reported earlier last week that Murphy would be sidelined for up to the next three months while he underwent back surgery to treat an early-season injury that had recently flared up.
It is not yet known if Russell will serve as Murphy’s ‘super sub’ for the entire time he is waylaid, and one expects that the team will have certain performance expectations in place in order for him to keep the deal going.
Make sure you check out RichardsF1.com soon for our complete event preview of this weekend’s SkyCity Triple Crown!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020