Ousted Group Lotus CEO Dany Bahar has reportedly launched legal proceedings against his former employer for wrongful termination of his contract.
The controversial wheeler-dealer was finally
and thankfully dumped from his position less than two weeks ago following an official complaint over his conduct.
The official press release at the time confirmed that his contract had “been terminated …. following the results of an investigation into a complaint made against him by the company’s penultimate holding company, DRB-HICOM Berhad.”
The exact details about the circumstances of Bahar’s termination are not publically known, but it is believed that they include the misuse of the company’s funds to purchase private aircraft and renovate several of his homes.
The 40-year-old Turkish-born Swiss national was suspended from his position two weeks before his sacking was announced, and according to a report in the Swiss Bilanz newspaper, he has now filed a lawsuit in London’s High Court for wrongful dismissal.
Perhaps he has more marble tiles that need to be installed in the en suite bathroom?
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020