Yokohama will remain on board as the official tyre supplier for the FIA World Touring Car Championship, it was announced today.
The Japanese tyre maker’s deal lasts until the end of the 2015 season as part of a new three-year deal.
“Yokohama has been the official tyre supplier to the WTCC since 2006, and the performance its ADVAN racing tires has been highly evaluated by FIA,” a statement reads.
Yokohama took over as the series’ official tyre supplier from Michelin in 2006, and it has provided its ADVAN-branded rubber to the series ever since.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020