HRTF1 reserve driver Dani Clos will get back behind the wheel of the team’s F112 challenger at next weekend’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Spanish team has announced. Clos will take over Narain Karthikeyan’s car for the opening practice session on Friday.
Clos’ first Friday practice outing came last month in his homeland during the Spanish Grand Prix, posting respectable times around the Circuit de Catalunya before he was sidelined with a mechanical issue.
“I’m very happy to step into the F112 once again in Silverstone – a place where I’ve got good memories as I’ve been on the podium every time I’ve been there in GP2,” he said. “After Barcelona, I’ve really been looking forward to this new opportunity. The work we’re carrying out with the team is positive and I think that I can make a good contribution.
“I will be able to run in better conditions than in Barcelona because the car was new back then and I had to carry out various aero tests. Now I’ve got a new opportunity, not to prove anything but to work with the team and evolve as much as we can.”
|READ OUR EXCLUSIVE DANI CLOS INTERVIEW – CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL BELOW:|
A successful GP2 campaigner, HRT’s newly-signed test and reserve driver chats with RichardsF1.com
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020