One guesses that Jacques Villeneuve will be treating his visit to Australia next weekend as a honeymoon of sorts, with news that the 1997 Formula 1 World Champion has married his girlfriend, Brazilian model Camila Lopez.
The pair wed at a civil ceremony in her native São Paulo, one week ahead of the French-Canadian’s visit to Australia, where he will compete as a replacement for the injured Greg Murphy in his Pepsi Max Crew Holden Commodore in the V8 Supercars’ Sucrogen 400 at Townsville.
Villeneuve was well-known for his succession of beautiful girlfriends during, and after, his Formula 1 career.
After dating Sandrine Gros d’Aillon during his early motorsport career, he was engaged to Australian singer Dannii Minogue, and then engaged to American ballerina Ellen Green.
In 2006, he married Paris-based Johanna Martinez, and six months later the pair had their first child, a son they named Jules. A year later, and they had a second son, Jonas. The couple divorced in mid-2009.
The RichardsF1.com team sends its congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Villeneuve!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020