The Lotus F1 team will carry some unique branding at this weekend’s British Grand Prix, with the team announcing a one-off partnership with Warner Brothers to promote their latest Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.
The team’s cars, garage fittings and uniforms will carry the film’s iconic logo for the entire event, while the film studio will also provide the movie’s iconic Tumbler vehicle as an exhibit.
“This season we have been the dark horses in the championship fight, so this partnership with The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic match,” Lotus F1 team principal Eric Boullier said of the deal.
“Our car, the E20, looks superb with the Batman branding and we are looking forward to seeing the reaction of our numerous fans when it takes to the Silverstone circuit this weekend.”
This won’t be the first time that Warner Brothers has used Formula 1 to promote one of its upcoming films.
Previous years have seen the studio team up with Red Bull Racing to promote Superman Returns (2006), while it also partnered with Toyota – coincidentally during the 2008 British Grand Prix – to promote The Dark Knight.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020