The Marussia F1 Team is heading to its homeland this weekend to participate in a series of demonstration runs in Moscow as part of the city’s annual Moscow City Racing event on 14-15 July.
The team’s rookie driver, Charles Pic, will get behind the wheel to perform a series of demonstration runs in the streets surrounding the iconic Kremlin, before he gets involved in autograph and fan photo sessions.
“I’m really excited to be heading to Russia for the first time; it should be quite an experience,” said Pic, who is team-mate to Timo Glock this season.
“The team have told me what a fantastic reception they had from the Russian fans in Sochi last year and it sounds like awesome fun to drive the car through the streets of Moscow.
“It is quite a busy programme of driving the car and promotional activities, but with some time to explore fascinating places like The Kremlin. As one of the drivers of the only Anglo-Russian F1 team, I can’t wait to meet the fans and give them a taste of Formula 1 before the team races at what will be its new home Grand Prix in 2014.”
Russia will make its debut on the 2014 championship calendar, with a purpose-built circuit to be constructed around the Winter Olympic Games site in the tourist city of Sochi.
Will you be going to the Moscow City Racing event? Send us your photos to email@example.com!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020