The German media is today rife with reports that the relationship between Marussia team-mates Timo Glock and Charles Pic is on the rocks, with the former reportedly giving the young Frenchman a serve to the media.
Having been out-qualified by Pic for the fourth time this season, Glock – who finished three laps adrift in 21st position in yesterday’s race at the Hungaroring – was none too pleased with Pic’s on-track manners.
Glock had yet another anonymous outing over the weekend, suffering an early-race spin at Turn 11, finishing one place behind Pic at the end of the 70-lap race.
“Maybe he (Pic) doesn’t understand the English over the radio,” Glock said to a group of reporters after the race.
“It’s pointless [speaking to him about it],” he added. “This has now happened two or three times, so it’s something the team needs to solve.”
No, Timo, it’s something you need to solve. If you were actually quicker than the field’s second-youngest driver, then this wouldn’t even be up for discussion.
This isn’t the first time that Glock has been outclassed by a much-less-fancied team-mate – Belgian driver Jérôme d’Ambrosio more than had his measure on occasion when the pair was teamed up last year – and one could reasonably assume that Glock’s comments stem from his frustration at being shown up once again.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020