As is by now a tradition for the Liqui Moly Engstler team, the German outfit will field an extra car for the final three Far East flyaway rounds in this year’s FIA World Touring Car Championship.
While regular drivers Franz Engstler and Charles Ka-Ki Ng will drive in the team’s BMW 320TC challengers for the remainder of the season, a third normally-aspirated BMW 320si will be made available for a local guest driver at the upcoming rounds at Suzuka, Shanghai and Macau.
“We still have to finalize a deal [for Shanghai] and in the next weeks we will evaluate the proposals,” team manager Kurt Treml said.
Kano and Merszei (pictured top) have both competed in the WTCC in previous years. Kano has had guest drive roles with the Engstler team since 2008, while Rosa-Merszei made his championship debut in 2009.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020