Nicolas Prost, son of four-time Formula 1 World Champion Alain Prost, has been offered a seat with Lotus at the ‘Young Drivers’ test session at Abu Dhabi in November.
The Frenchman – who races for the Lotus-sponsored Rebellion Racing Toyota team in the FIA World Endurance Championship – currently serves as one of the Lotus F1 team’s reserve drivers.
“This is a fantastic chance for me to gain experience at the highest level of motorsport, and I’m extremely grateful to the team for handing me this opportunity,” he is quoted as saying.
“I’ve been working with the team for a number of months already but this will be my first time driving the R30 in a competitive environment, so I’m aiming to make the most of my time on track while hopefully also providing the team with some useful feedback for the future.”
Prost’s last full-time open-wheeler outing came as a driver for Team France in the now-defunct A1GP Series in 2009.
Lotus will announce the remainder of its test line-up for the ‘Young Drivers’ test in the coming weeks.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018