We are currently experiencing a golden era of Motor Sport; with the 2012 season consisting of six World Champions all competing for the right to be crowned the Champion of the world once again in one of the most competitive seasons in memory.
With there having been seven different winners from the first seven races of the season, we not only saw some supreme level of skill displayed, but also enjoyed unprecedented levels of excitement and entertainment.
Sebastian Vettel may well have took the crown, but with the supremacy of the Red Bull car during the latter part of the season, was he really the best driver?
MoneySupermarket.com is currently working on improving its black box insurance offering, where car insurance premiums are calculated based on driving skills and behaviours rather than statistics such as age. In order to reflect this offering, we decided to make sure that the right man got rewarded by asking some of the most recognised and respected online motorsport experts to vote for their overall top ten drivers of the 2012 season.
RichardsF1.com was thrilled to be invited to participate alongside some of the bext privately-operated motorsport websites in the world, and here’s how our votes were tallied (click on the image to enlarge):
So what do you think of our final ratings? Post your comments below…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020