Another F1 driver is off the dating market, after Pastor Maldonado married his fiancée Gabriele Tarkanyi during the Christmas holiday break.
According to international media reports, the Williams driver tied the knot with his journalist girlfriend at a private ceremony in the Venezuelan town of Canaima.
The ceremony was attended by only their closest family and friends.
The country’s president Hugo Chavez – a long-time supporter of the 27-year-old via the multi-million-dollar sponsorship from the state-owned PDVSA oil company – was slated as an invitee, but he and his family were kept away while he recovers from another round of cancer surgery in Cuba.
Maldonado finished fifteenth overall in the 2012 Formula 1 Drivers’ Championship standings in his sophomore season with Williams, with the highlight being his victory at the Spanish Grand Prix in May.
The RichardsF1.com team sends its congratulations to the happy couple!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020