The Sahara Force India F1 team has today announced the signing of a multi-year technical partnership agreement with industry-leading content-to-print solutions company, 3D Systems Corporation.
The pair has worked together in a customer arrangement in previous years, with the strengthened relationship meaning that the Silverstone based team will further be able to utilise the partnership in reducing the time it takes in modelling its designs for components of its F1 cars.
Force India will now be able to take full advantage of their own wind tunnel testing capabilities and pioneer new full-scale model component manufacturing using the 3D Systems software and hardware.
“We are delighted to forge stronger links with a company that is the market-leader for rapid prototyping technology,” team principal Vijay Mallya said.
“We use their technology on a daily basis to manufacture wind tunnel model components and this new relationship will hopefully allow us to get performance to the car faster.”
Force India finished seventh overall in the 2012 Constructors’ Championship standings.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018