Just a week after being ruled out of the race for the vacant Force India drive, Sébastien Buemi has reportedly re-signed his contract to remain as the official reserve driver for Red Bull Racing and its sister team, Scuderia Toro Rosso.
According to a report in the Swiss Blick newspaper, the 24-year-old’s new deal will see him on contract until the end of the 2013 season.
Buemi previously raced for Toro Rosso between 2009 and 2011, until he and team-mate Jaime Alguersuari were dumped from the Faenza-based team’s line-up in favour of Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Éric Vergne.
Both Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso field unchanged race line-ups for the 2013 season, with the former running Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber for the fifth successive season as team-mates, while the latter keeps Ricciardo and Vergne for a second year together.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018