Despite their star driver changing from white to silver overalls in 2013, the Sauber team won’t shy away from their admiration of Sergio Pérez.
Team manager Beat Zehnder has come out and said that his former Mexican charge should definitely not be underestimated, and that his tyre management ability is amongst the best in the sport.
“He has an incredibly good feeling for getting the best out of the tyres and at the same time keeping them alive. In terms of tyre management he is a natural talent." he said to Auto Motor und Sport.
"We’ve seen it a few times. If everything falls into place, he literally flies.”
Pérez’s new boss Martin Whitmarsh hopes he will learn a lot from his new team mate Jenson Button.
“Jenson is the easiest team-mate to collaborate with,” Whitmarsh said. “He is honest and open and willing to help."
Pérez will be joined on the grid in 2013 by fellow Mexican Esteban Gutiérrez, the first time two Mexican drivers have been on the grid since the 1968 Mexican Grand Prix.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018