Luxury watchmaker Certina will remain with the Sauber Formula 1 team for a ninth year as a sponsor, with the Swiss-based team announcing the deal between both parties today.
The Swiss company’s logos will appear on helmets and sidepods of the Ferrari-powered C32 challenger that will be piloted by Nico Hülkenberg and Esteban Gutiérrez in the upcoming season, in addition to the drivers’ helmet visors.
As part of the deal, the entire Sauber workforce will receive a Certina timepiece. A nice perk, on the back of the team finishing a fine sixth overall in last year’s Constructors’ Championship standings.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018