Luxury watchmaker Certina will remain with the Sauber Formula 1 team for a ninth year as a sponsor, with the Swiss-based team announcing the deal between both parties today.
The Swiss company’s logos will appear on helmets and sidepods of the Ferrari-powered C32 challenger that will be piloted by Nico Hülkenberg and Esteban Gutiérrez in the upcoming season, in addition to the drivers’ helmet visors.
As part of the deal, the entire Sauber workforce will receive a Certina timepiece. A nice perk, on the back of the team finishing a fine sixth overall in last year’s Constructors’ Championship standings.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018